D-Link’s DGS-1100 Series Gigabit Smart Managed Switches provide an affordable solution for businesses of all sizes that require simple network management. The DGS-1100 switches consist of 5, 8, 10,16, 24 and 26 Gigabit port models with a wide variety of functions and features. The 5 and 8 port models come in compact metal desktop enclosures, while the 10, 16, 24 and 26 port models come in metal enclosures that support either desktop or rack mounting. Four models support 802.3af/at Power over Ethernet (PoE), with a range of PoE power budgets from 64W to 370W. There is also a PoE-powered model that has the ability to pass through power to one or two PoE devices downstream.
- Gigabit Ethernet Speeds – High-speed ports provide Gigabit Ethernet technology while retaining backward compatibility for connections to older 10Mbps and 100Mbps equipment
- Layer 2 VLAN Control – Simple management of L2 VLANs without the complication of a fully managed switch
- Energy Efficient Technology – IEEE 802.3az EEE and D-Link Green features help reduce energy use and operating costs
- Smart and Flexible Management – Powerful switch management functions can be performed through a web management interface or through the client-based utility
Product key features:
- D-Link Green / Power Saving Performance – Compliant with IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), these switches consume less energy by cutting down on power consumption when port utilization is low.
- Easy to Deploy – The DGS-1100 switches support an intuitive client-based utility (D-Link Network Assistant Utility) and a web-based management interface. The client-based utility discovers all D-Link Smart Switches within the same Layer 2 network segment, making initial setup quick and easy.
- Surveillance VLAN and Bandwidth Control – The DGS-1100 switches support Surveillance VLAN for IP surveillance deployments. This gives video traffic a dedicated VLAN and higher priority through the switch, separating surveillance traffic from the rest of the network
- PoE Pass-through – The DGS-1100-05PD is a unique 5-port switch which must be powered by an upstream 802.3af or 802.3at compliant PoE switch/injector through its port 5.