The 2nd generation Ubiquiti Networks Ethernet Surge Protector safeguards your outdoor non-PoE and PoE-based systems from voltage threats such as surges and electrostatic discharge events, which can render an entire network system inoperable. This protector is suitable for use with surveillance cameras, access points, and other Ethernet-equipped devices. Ubiquiti Networks has designed it with two surge-protected Ethernet ports that support Gigabit connection speeds. Furthermore, an external housing guards the Ethernet ports along with the surge protector from outdoor elements.
- Protects Outdoor PoE Devices
- ESD and Surge Protection
- Compatible with Gigabit Networks
- Two Ethernet Jacks
Product key features:
- ESD Protection for Outdoor High-Speed Networks – Introducing the Ethernet Surge Protector, model ETH-SP-G2, from Ubiquiti Networks. The ETH-SP-G2 is a cost-effective solution for protecting outdoor Ethernet devices from damaging electrostatic discharge and surges. Since all Ubiquiti airMAX devices already have robust ESD protection built in, adding the ETH-SP to the installation provides an additional layer of protection to the network. The ETH-SP-G2 is engineered to protect Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) or non-PoE devices with connection speeds of up to 1 Gb/s. Two passive, surge-protected RJ45 connections provide maximum equipment compatibility.
- Ideal for WISP Networks – All Ubiquiti airMAX devices are equipped with ESD protection. However, to protect outdoor devices, and to meet certain local code requirements, installing the ETH-SP-G2 is essential. For example, to guard against costly service calls, and to help your subscriber installations meet code requirements, install two ETH-SP-G2 devices: one near the CPE, and the other at the entry point to the building. Damaging ESD attacks and surges will be absorbed by the ETH-SPs and safely discharged into the ground.
- Fast Installation – The ETH-SP-G2 is designed for easy, plug and play installation.