Designed to mount and interface with the Ubiquiti Networks RocketDish, the R5AC-LITE rocket ac airMAX ac BaseStation from Ubiquiti Networks uses airMAX ac technology to provide up to 450 Mbps throughput. With an outdoor UV stabilized plastic enclosure this BaseStation can be installed in some of the harshest conditions allowing for the data signal to reach greater distances. Inside the enclosure you will find a 720 MHz Atheros MIPS 74Kc processor complete with 128MB of DDR2 RAM and 16MB of NOR Flash memory for enhanced processing power to allow for a stronger, more stable signal. Ports on the BaseStation include one Gigabit Ethernet port and two waterproof RP-SMA RF connections to prevent water damage. The BaseStation is capable of operating in both Access Point, and Station modes allowing you to configure it to suit a variety of networking needs. Integrated QoS functionality allocates network resources to provide enhanced streaming of data while the airMAX engine with custom IC improves TDMA latency. Improved TDMA latency greatly increases data throughput and provides enhanced network speeds.
- Intelligent QoS Priority assigned to voice/video for seamless streaming.
- Scalability High capacity and scalability.
- Enhanced Performance The enhanced airMAX ac technology boosts the advantages of the TDMA protocol. Ubiquiti’s airMAX engine features a custom IC to dramatically improve TDMA latency and network scalability. The custom silicone provides hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler, to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology.
- airMAX ac supports high data rates, which require dense modulation: 256QAM – a significant increase from 64QAM, which is used in airMAX. With their use of proprietary airMAX ac technology, this airMAX ac product supports up to 450+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput – up to triple the throughput of standard airMAX products.
- The 5 GHz radio band is free to use, worldwide, offers plentiful spectrum, and works well for long-distance links.
Product key features:
- Outdoor UV Stabilized Plastic Enclosure
- 720 MHz Atheros MIPS 74Kc Processor
- 128MB DDR2 SDRAM / 16MB NOR Flash Memory
- 1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Network Interface
- 2 x RP-SMA Waterproof RF Connections
- Integrated Power, Ethernet, Signal LEDs
- Intelligent QoS
- High Capacity & Scalability
- High-Speed, Carrier-Class Links
- airMAX ac Technology.